Skip to content

Changing Station Day 1

March 28, 2011

Yesterday my son-in-law and I went to pick up the lumber for the baby changing station. I had planned on making it out of cherry; however, the cherry was really rough and had a LOT of sap wood. Luckily the African mahogany was on sale and was in excellent shape so I figured what the hell! Today before work I was able to get out into the shop and cut out the oversized rough stock for the rails, stiles, and stretchers. I still have a good full morning of work left to rough out all the lumber for the panel and shelf glue ups.

Roughing out lumber is one place I do love power tools – ripping all these pieces without my bandsaw just does not sound like fun!


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: